Rheumatoid Arthritis in Biloxi, MS
Dr. Miller and Apogee Plastic Surgery offer treatment for rheumatoid arthritis to the residents of Biloxi, Gulfport, Pascagoula, Hattiesburg, Long Beach, Ocean Springs, and the surrounding Mississippi communities.
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic condition characterized by the inflammation of the lining of the small joints in your hand. Symptoms most often affect the wrist and knuckles. This disorder causes painful swelling that can eventually lead to bone erosion and joint deformity.
Apogee Plastic Surgery is the perfect choice for rheumatoid arthritis sufferers who want the very best in results and aftercare. Dr. John H. Miller and his compassionate team of professionals are pleased to welcome patients from Biloxi, Gulfport, Pascagoula, Hattiesburg, Long Beach, Ocean Springs, and the surrounding Mississippi communities.
How is Rheumatoid Arthritis Treated?
Although there is no cure for rheumatoid arthritis, there are ways to ease the discomfort caused by this condition. Our rheumatoid arthritis patients may be treated with the following:
- Medication: Many medications are available to reduce inflammation and slow the progression of the disorder. The options include nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), both over the counter and prescription; steroids, such as prednisone; disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs); immunosuppressants; and TNF-alpha inhibitors.
- Therapy: Special exercises can help keep joints flexible. Therapists can also teach rheumatoid arthritis patients new ways to perform daily tasks.
- Surgery: If medications are not effective, then an operation may be the best option. Surgery can repair joints, reduce pain and correct deformities.
Am I a Good Candidate for Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment?
During your consultation with Dr. Miller, he will assess your individual needs to help you make the right choice about rheumatoid arthritis treatment in Biloxi. Many of our rheumatoid arthritis patients are concerned about:
- Firm lumps along the fingers or elbow
- Soft lump on the back of the hand that moves when they straighten their fingers
- Angulation or collapse of the fingers
- Sudden inability to straighten or bend a finger
- Middle finger that becomes bent
- End of a finger becomes bent, and the middle joint over extends
- Prominent bone in the wrist
Dr. Miller has worked with rheumatoid arthritis patients throughout the Gulf Coast area, offering assistance to individuals from Biloxi, Gulfport, Pascagoula, Hattiesburg, Long Beach, Ocean Springs, and the surrounding Mississippi communities. He is experienced at determining whether rheumatoid arthritis treatment can work for you.
What Kind of Care Can I Expect After Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment?
When you choose Apogee Plastic Surgery for your rheumatoid arthritis treatment in Biloxi, you will be supported, cared for and satisfied with the results. Dr. Miller will give you specific, individual advice so you know how to take care of yourself after treatment.
The staff at Apogee Plastic Surgery will schedule the appropriate follow-up appointments and are available for all of your questions and concerns. The comfort of our patients is important to us, so we make sure to keep an eye on your recovery whether you live in Biloxi, Gulfport, Pascagoula, Hattiesburg, Long Beach, Ocean Springs, and the surrounding Mississippi communities.
What are the Typical Results of Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment?
Your results after receiving treatment for rheumatoid arthritis in Biloxi will depend on your individual circumstances. Although a cure is not possible, many of our patients at Apogee Plastic Surgery are able to live comfortably with the condition after appropriate treatment.
What are Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment Costs in Biloxi?
Your treatment for rheumatoid arthritis is a very personalized procedure. Therefore, Dr. Miller’s staff will be happy to discuss rheumatoid arthritis treatment prices with you on an individual basis.
Apogee Plastic Surgery works with CareCredit® to provide financing options for patients. Within a few hours, you can be pre-approved for your cosmetic procedure.
Dr. John H. Miller offers plastic and reconstructive surgery to patients across Mississippi including: Biloxi, Gulfport, Pascagoula, Hattiesburg, Long Beach, Ocean Springs, MS. Contact Dr. John H. Miller’s office today to schedule your Rheumatoid Arthritis Consultation!